Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Settling in

Hey everyone,

I figured a blog would be the easiest way to share my thoughts and photos with you guys. Almost all settled in. I went to Penneys (a clothing department store) last week and purchased all of my beddings, towels, and room supplies. I also have been to the English Market (basically an farmers market that's open everyday and very cheap) and Tesco (a mini Cosco, Dad would love it!) for other groceries and necessities. I've been making great use out of my kitchen as well so I can save some Euros for other things. Last week was mostly Orientation, figuring out my classes (which is still going on), and getting my bearings with Cork. I feel extremely comfortable and feel as if I know where most places are in the City (at least that I need to know for now). The best night that I've had out here so far was last Friday. We decided to do a Pub Crawl and on the third pub, we all went out in the back crowded on empty kegs joint in singing Irish Traditional songs, which made me feel right at home as if I was at a family gathering. It felt great being able to join in with them, definitely looking forward to more nights like that. Anyway, the Guinness here is obviously amazing. We went out the first night to some random pub just to grab our first Guinness. Looking forward to that for the rest of the semester. Over the weekend we went to Blarney Castle. Literally explored every inch of the entire place! I wanted to make the most of it, so it was definitely worth all of the walking. I even kissed the Blarney Stone. It has definitely been weird getting used to the rest of the world and their metric system (thanks U.S. for being difficult!) but I've gotten used to it for the most part. That's it for the most part. I'm going to add pictures soon from Blarney Castle and will take photos of my school so you guys can see! It's so nice though, unbelievable architecture. Hope everyone's doing well, take care!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rory,

    Glad to see you're settling in...enjoy Ireland! I hear you may be going to Kinsale this weekend,take lots of pics, so I can buy one!
    xoxoxo
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete